Accompanying the DoBeS training courses a number of A4-Guides have been created that give a quick introduction to tools and processes in language documentation.
Manuals to TLA-Tools
The TLA-Tools all come with manuals and A4-guides, these can be found at the respective tools-pages.
Manuals for specific usage scenarios
How to write your MA-thesis with data in the DOBES archive
Tools, Software and Methods used on DOBES data
- Useful pieces of code or how-to’s relating to Elan can be found at the Elan-Third party ressources page.
- A collection of scripts and information about using R on DOBES corpora and an introduction to R for typologists created by Balthasar Bickel. More Software for Typologists by Balthasar Bickel
- The Guide to Regular Expressions for ELAN users by Ulrike Mosel collects useful regular expressions for the analysis of Elan-files.
- The Poio Analyzer by Peter Bouda allows to search and analyze batches of Elan and Toolbox files.
- EOPAS is a tool for displaying Elan-files online