The following research projects for data analysis on existing DOBES documentation material have been funded within the DOBES programme:
- Cross-linguistic patterns in the encoding of three-participant events
- Demonstratives with exophoric reference. A functional study based on discourse data from five languages
- Discourse and prosody across language family boundaries: two corpus-based case studies on contact-induced syntactic and prosodic convergence in the encoding of information structure.
- Referentiality project: a research project in the corpus-based typology of referential strategies in twelve different languages.
- The relative frequencies of nouns, pronouns, and verbs cross-linguistically. This project investigates the relative frequencies of core parts of speech, such as nouns, verbs, and pronouns, in spoken language corpora of seven languages that represent a wide range of areal and typological diversity.